- Dursley, Gloucestershire
- Rooftop Housing Association
- Design & Build
- 23 No Apartments in very restricted area
- Code Level 3
- Very sensitive site due to restrictive space and proximity to residents, 11 party wall awards
- Affordable Rented Housing
- Complicated construction methods including piling, masonry transition slab, steel portal frame and timber frame construction
J. Harper and Sons (Leominster) Ltd were appointed as Principal Contractor under a partnering contract with a developer to take this scheme as a turnkey golden brick package to the HA.
The project was to deliver the construction of 23 residential apartments and external works to a Code for Sustainable Homes level 3. The scheme has two blocks of apartments set in a very constrained site as can be seen from the plan below.
- Piled foundations
- Masonry ground floor
- 3 story timber frame structure
- Masonry and render cladding
- Piled foundations
- Steel frame groundfloor structure
- Undercroft parking
- Cast in situ concrete 1st floor slab
- Two story timber frame
- Renderboard cladding
The scheme is currently on site
- Time – The project is on programme with stage handover dates for the two blocks
- Costs – The project was initially valued engineered to assist in achieving the clients budgetary requirements. The contract is currently on budget
- Safety – The project has had no reportable incidents or near misses.
- Quality – Review of quality is being carried out both internally and by the clients Clerk of works. Our aim is to present a completed building with zero defects at handover
- Sustainability – The project is being built to Code Level 3, meeting the Client’s expectations in all regards with Code Certification will be provided at handover.
- Employment – The project was undertaken with a high level of local supply chain involvement, supporting both the local economy, community and local base.
We believe this scheme shows the ability of our Company to procure highly detailed housing, with adoptable road sewers and services, code requirements being complied with in all regards.